The Tattooed Knitter

I knit, therefore I rock.

Friday, September 08, 2006

Knitting projects and saving the earth

I didn't drive my car at all today. Nope, I rode the bus to work, then to the yarn shop after work (www.somuchyarn.com, its a great store), then I took the bus home. Justin and I went to a little greasy spoon cafe for dinner and we walked. I like riding the bus, I'm going to do it more often I think. It makes for good knitting time. I am quite fond of knitting in public and I look at a bus ride as a fabulous opportunity. So that got me thinking about all the knitting projects that I am working on right now. I tend to get too many projects going at once. However, unlike my other forays into the crafting world, my knitting projects are getting finished. So, I took some pictures of current projects and recently finished ones. Here goes:

Here is the felted bowl that I started after about 10 cast ons. The pattern is from the book One Skein by Leigh Radford. Its for Justin's mom, I hope she likes it. I was working on this on the bus today.

Here is my checkerboard scarf that I have been working on forever. I'm using Manos del Uraguay (did I spell that write?) for it. I'm also using that for the felted bowl. This scarf is my no-brainer project, but being as fall is coming quickly here in Seattle, I think I'll try to finish it soon.

Here is my first attempt at making socks. I'm really liking the whole sock thing. I think socks could be my thing. Plus, they are easy to knit and very portable (I'm thinking about all the knitting time on the bus). I had to buy more yarn today for them (art yarns handpainted stripes). My feet are so big that I ran out of yarn on the second sock (11 wide, yes, go ahead and gape, I'm used to it. I haven't worn a single digit shoe size since the 4th grade.)

Here is the wire bracelet that I have been working on since March. Someday I will finish it. I think it will be pretty when its done.

Here is a super easy hat that I finished over Labor Day weekend. It is the Hot Head pattern from the first Stitch n' Bitch book. I wanted to make Justin a hat and he liked this pattern and requested black and teal, Jacksonville Jaguars colors. Here is the handsome devil modeling my handiwork.

I have many more projects waiting to be started. I have two more skeins of sock yarn waiting to be turned into socks, and I'm going to try a variation of the sock pattern I used above with the yarn that will be leftover from this pair. I just bought some great heathered brown Emu Superwash on eBay to make the cardigan sweater in the first SnB book. Oh, if only I didn't have to work...I could just knit all the time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home