The Tattooed Knitter

I knit, therefore I rock.

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Happy New Year!!!

Okay, okay, okay, I know I haven't posted for a while. Around the time of my last post things started to get really hectic for me. My allergies started to get really, really bad, so I felt like crap a lot of the time and school started to get more stressful. I was totally expecting that part, I figured that taking 20 credits and working full time wasn't going to be smooth sailing for the entire quarter. But, despite the stress of the last half of the quarter, things worked out well. I got straight A's in all 4 classes and now my overall GPA is a 3.99. Not too bad, if I do say so myself. Now I am getting ready for the winter quarter to start tomorrow, but it won't be nearly as crazy, I am only taking two classes.
I hope everyone (I sound like more than 2 people read this... ha ha ha) had a very nice holiday and New Year. This Christmas was a bit odd for us, it was the first time that Justin and I were alone on Christmas, just the two of us and the cats. It was nice, but odd. Justin surprised me one day toward by coming home with a tree. We had sold the one we had before we moved to Washington and we didn't get one in 2005 because we went to CA for Christmas. Here it is all decorated and looking spiffy:

Doesn't it look nice? It was fun putting all the ornaments and stuff on it. Justin gave me some really cool stuff, he gave me a Grateful Dead sweatshirt I had been wanting for a really long time, some really cool knitting magazines, some delicious fancy hot chocolate from Williams Sonoma and some special paper that you use to make iron on transfers for clothes. His mom and step dad gave me a small digital camera, which is something I had been wanting for while now so that I could carry a camera with me to take pictures for my blog. The camera is really cool, and very easy to use. Which is good, because even though I have a degree in photography, I know nothing about digital photography. The camera didn't come with a case, so I felt motivated to knit one. I just made some minor changes to the cell phone cozy in the first SnB book and made this:

Huh, for some strange reason, I can't post the picture of the camera case that I made. Well, I will go on to other subjects and see if I can post a different picture.

Hmm, that didn't work either. Well, I think that may cuts things a bit short tonight until I can figure out why I can't post anymore pictures. For now all you get is the picture of my Christmas tree. I will do some investigating and hopefully get this fixed. Until then, have fun, take care of yourselves and keep on knitting or just plain being crafty everyone!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home